Ensign Renn serving in Indian Ocean
INDIAN OCEAN – Ensign Tyler Renn, a native of Madison, is sailing on the high seas many miles away from his home in Alabama.
Renn is assigned to the amphibious dock landing ship USS Pearl Harbor (LSD 52). On the vessel, Renn often uses a radio during NIXIE streaming exercises on the ship’s fantail.
The USS Pearl Harbor is part of the America Amphibious Ready Group, with the embarked 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit. The ship is operating in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region to strengthen partnerships and serve as a ready-response force for any type of contingency.
The Navy Office of Community Outreach or NAVCO provided this summary for Ensign Renn. NAVCO’s address is 5722 Integrity Drive, Building 456-3 in Millington, Tenn.
The Navy Office of Community Outreach’s mission is to bring America’s Navy home to cities across the country that do not often get to see the Navy. NAVCO completes this work in various outreach programs, all designed to share the U.S. Navy with citizens.
NAVCO manages programs for numerous scenarios:
* Navy Week — Program that brings Navy Sailors, equipment and displays to approximately 15 American cities annually.
* Naval Aviation Outreach — Coordinates performances by Navy Blue Angels.
* Navy Music and Special Unit Outreach — Arranges for performances by Navy bands, color guards, drill teams and other units.
* Speakers Bureau — Provides Navy speakers for organizations and events nationwide.
* Executive Engagement Visit — Schedules visits for senior Navy Flag Officers and civilian leaders to various cities.
For more information about the Navy Office of Community Outreach, visit Facebook/Navy Outreach, Twitter @NavyOutreach or Instagram @US_Navy_Outreach.