Tuesday Evening Concerts in the swing at main library
HUNTSVILLE – Blues, jazz and ethnic music are filling the atrium of the main library in Tuesday Evening Concerts.
“The programs offer great local performers, and the concerts are still free,” communications director Ann Marie Martin said. The library’s address is 915 Monroe St. in Huntsville.
The concerts, which start at 6 p.m., include these entertainers:
* May 13 — Rocket City Latin Band
* May 27 — Microwave Dave
* June 10 — Moondust Big Band for “Dancing with the Library Stars,” Round One
* June 24 — Rocket City Jazz Orchestra, “Dancing with the Library Stars,” Round Two
* July 8 — The African-American Drummers
* July 22 — Celebration of Southern music and literature
* Aug. 5 — Maple Hill Band
* Aug. 19 — SlipJig
For more information, call 256-532-5975 or visit hmcpl.org.