Bob Jones engineering interns explain workplace experiences
MADISON – Students in the Engineering Internship class at Bob Jones High School unlocked the mystery of today’s job market by leaving the familiar surroundings of the classroom and gaining real-life knowledge from a local engineering firm.
“The internships provided experiences in the workplace with often real challenges that put their collaboration and critical-thinking skills to work,” John S. Peck said. Peck works as Manager of Public Relations for Madison City Schools.
As students finish their internships, they gave presentations during “Semester Showcase” on May 10 to report about their work assignments and background about the company that ‘put them to work.’
Jessye Gaines with Bob Jones Engineering Academy leads the internship program. Gaines invites contacts from the participating businesses to attend the showcase. “We could not be more proud to share with you all they have accomplished. Look at the amazing list of companies who have partnered with us this semester,” Gaines said:
* Kevin Lanyi — Additive Manufacturing & Engineering Inc.
* Zachary Burns — Corvid Technologies
* Phoenix Keck and Jasmine Wince – KTECH – Virtual Reality Academy
* Ariana Fulda — CFD Research Corporation
* Austin Edge — SOL Engineering Services
* Bailey Green and Emily Mitchell — Nanoracks
* Cyrus Boak — Shape Fidelity Inc.
* Elian Castaneda, George Crockatt and Timothy Zhu — Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
* Ethan Chung — Miltope Corporation
* Lainee Moore-Manning — STI Electronics Inc.
* Layla Muro and Jonathan Monroe — Senior Design – Architecture
* Ryan Shurtz — Scientic Inc.
* Vincent Dinh — Senior Design – Augmented Reality
* William Bokmeyer — FiberRise
“Bob Jones engineering interns had plenty to wow their audience with,” Peck said. In the “Semester Showcase” presentations, students shared their learning takeaways and plans.
The audience for the interns included fellow students, teachers, administrators, parents and internship supervisors.
“We had a wonderful time working with these amazing interns the past few months,” Kristina Bye Barbee stated on Facebook. “Thank you for sharing them with us and our team Booz Allen Hamilton. We hope they’ll stay in touch and find a more permanent home with us in the years to come.”