Two Men and a Truck assists mothers in need with Movers for Moms
MADISON – Two Men and a Truck is collaborating with local businesses, organizations and individuals to collect donations for Mother’s Day to benefit women and children who are living temporarily at Downtown Rescue Mission in Huntsville.
The collaboration is associated with annual “Movers for Moms” program, which is Two Men and a Truck’s national giving program aimed at assisting moms in need. Nationwide locations of Two Men and a Truck collect donations to deliver to women’s and family shelters each spring.
The goal is to make the Mother’s Day holiday on May 8 a special time for moms with the donations, regardless of the woman’s circumstances.
Locally, volunteers will deliver the collected items before Mother’s Day to Owen’s House, which is the women’s and family shelter at the Downtown Rescue Mission.
Movers for Moms will arrange for delivery of essential care items to women living in shelters:
* Babies’ needs — Diapers (sizes 4, 5 and 6); pull-ups (sizes 3 to 4t and 5 to 6t).
* Bladder problems — Adult pull-ups (sizes Medium and extra-large).
* Hair care – Shampoo, conditioner, hair grease, brushes, combs.
* Bath supplies — Body wash, hand soap, deodorant.
* Cosmetics — Petroleum jelly, facial tissues.
* Antiseptics — Hand sanitizer.
* Cleaning supplies — Disinfectant wipes.
* Vitamins — Women’s multi-vitamins, B-Complex, B-12, Melatonin at 10 mg, Vitamin D at 5,000.
* Medicine – Cold tablets or syrup, cough drops.
Movers for Moms requests that individuals donate no later than May 3.
For the launch event, Chick-fil-A in Madison and The Dessert Fork catered the food. In addition, I’ll Bring the Party donated a balloon décor, and First Impressions donated printing materials.
In 2021, Movers for Moms collected more than 233,000 items nationally. Throughout the program’s 12-year history, donors have given a total of more than 1 million items. Movers for Moms has partnered with more than 1,000 businesses, schools and other community collection sites across the United States.
For questions about Movers for Moms, call Stephanie Mills with Two Men and a Truck at 256-694-6325, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit twomenandatruck.com or moversformom.com.