Madison City 5K/10K race set for June 10
MADISON – Runners will pound the pavement on the morning of June 10 in the “Madison City 5K/10K – Conquer the Eastview Hill” race.
Officers with Madison Police Department will provide traffic control and safety measures for this event. Motorists are urged to make alternate travel plans between 7:10 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
Roads will close at 7:10 a.m., just before the run starts at 7:30 a.m. Streets will re-open at 9:15 a.m. The 5K and 10K start and finish lines will be at Dublin Park, 8324 Old Madison Pike.
From Dublin, the 5K route will proceed east on Old Madison Pike, north on Crestview Drive, north on Briarwood Drive, west on Steele Drive, north on Athens Boulevard, west on Eastview Drive, south on Hughes Road, east on Old Madison Pike and return to Dublin Park.
The 10K route follows the directions of the 5K but also will turn west on Old Madison Pike, south on Sullivan Street, east on Front Street, north on Church Street, east on Mill Road/Portal Lane, north on Stavemill Drive, north on Cambridge Drive, east on Old Madison Pike and return to Dublin Park.
The race will impact the following major roadways and their connector streets:
* Old Madison Pike from Crestview Drive to Hughes Road.
* Crestview Drive to Briarwood Drive.
* Briarwood Drive to Steele Drive.
* Steele Drive to Athens Blvd.
* Athens Blvd. to Eastview Drive.
* Eastview Drive to Hughes Road.
* Hughes Road to Browns Ferry Road.
* Browns Ferry Road to Sullivan Street.
* Sullivan Street to Front Street.
* Front Street to Church Street.
* Church Street to Mill Road.
* Mill Road to Portal Lane.
* Portal Lane to Stave Mill Drive.
* Stave Mill Drive to Cambridge Drive.
* Cambridge Drive to Old Madison Pike.
Participants can register in person by visiting Dublin Park or the City Clerk’s office in City Hall, 100 Hughes Road. To register online, visit madisonal.gov/mcr.
Race officials and school personnel have collaborated to avoid any impact or disturbance to ACT testing on June 10 at Bob Jones. Officials suggested that motorists enter the campus from Eastview Drive, which a driver can access from Wall Triana (travelling south from the Gillespie Road intersection).