MCS hiring substitute teachers, other openings
MADISON – Through Nov. 30, Madison City Schools is accepting applications for anyone wanting to work as a substitute teacher for the district.
Along with those openings, slots are available for substitute aides, custodians, Child Nutrition Program or CNP school cafeteria workers and bus drivers.
The opening may be a good fit for a parent of a student in a Madison school, individuals who hope to teach full time in the classroom, retired people or someone looking for a flexible, part-time job.
Anyone who currently is not working as a substitute teacher for the Madison district can apply. “We always have a need for quality substitutes to help our faculty, staff and students maintain a successful learning environment,” MCS Personnel & Title IX Coordinator John Jones said.
The Madison district hires all substitutes with an online process. For information about the opening, visit madisoncity.k12.al.us. In the list to the left, click “Employment” and then click “Substitutes.”
An applicant will need to click the appropriate link in the list:
* “Application link for New Substitutes” — Click this link to apply for full-time positions. First-time substitutes that do not have a Searchsoft Account must create one.
* “Application link for Returning Substitutes” — Click this link to complete documents in your pending folder. Returning subs will log in with username and password.
* “Application Directions” — Click for instructions and details for applying and what to expect during the process.
* “Substitute Handbook” — Click to access district guidelines and policies.
* “List of Permanent Substitutes” — Click for a list of Madison schools, contact information and the school’s permanent substitute teacher.
* “Pay Scale for Substitutes” — Click to view your paycheck using the login link.
* “Substitute License Search” — Click to search for a license.
* “Frequently Asked Questions” — Click for detailed information.
After all paperwork is complete, the applicant will be added to the substitute list.