Inside-Out stops daily operations, reduces outreach
MADISON – A leading organization in outreach to Madison’s in-need families and individuals is making drastic changes to its services.
Founders Larry and Deborah Ward and other board members of Inside-Out Ministries Inc. “are ‘almost’ retiring. We say ‘almost’ because God has other plans,” Deborah Ward said.
“When no leadership from within came forward, the Inside-Out Board of Directors decided to simplify Inside-Out’s operations and retain Larry and Deborah in leadership,” she said.
For 11-plus years, the Wards and board members have been active in volunteering and fulfilling the mission of Inside-Out Ministries to provide basic needs of food, clothing and shelter for families in Madison while providing hope through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Starting Dec. 15, the Monday-Friday operations and the care of the facility at 103 Gin Oaks Court in Madison will be eliminated. “The ministry will continue to provide special benevolence care,” Deborah said.
“Of course, we’re praying another Madison organization steps up to fill the gap,” she said.
Funding needs are reduced, yet remain focused on filling special needs for several outreach events:
* Community Thanksgiving Dinner — More than 1,000 meals provided in 2018.
* Elementary school snacks — Provided each semester at school counselors’ requests.
* Teacher appreciation — For Madison City Schools’ faculties, including staff members, during July and August.
* Serving the City as One project — Community-wide improvement efforts in spring.
* Disaster relief — Includes serving in other cities and states for needs in aftermath of tornadoes, hurricanes and floods.
* National Day of Prayer — Held on first Thursday in May.
* WAY-FM Christmas Prayers — Observed in December.
Churches who receive a request for assistance should direct individuals to call “211” for listings of agencies throughout Alabama that can help.
“We are grateful to have had many opportunities to serve and certainly pray God’s provision for the true needs, as well as heart and lifestyle changes, that will lead to families being strengthened and children growing up knowing security and love,” Deborah said.
“We are grateful to the church partners and individuals who have supported this all-volunteer ministry and look forward to the plans and direction the Lord has for us all,” she said.
In October, Deborah Ward was named “Community Servant of the Year” at the 2018 Best in Business Awards, sponsored by Madison Chamber of Commerce.
Inside-Out will keep its telephone number, website and Facebook and Twitter accounts, which include a message to advise connections to call 211.
For information, call 256-325-5193, email email@example.com or visit inside-outministries.org.