An astounding 33 students advance to Reflections’ national level
MADISON – The talents of Madison City Schools students are undeniable. In the PTA Reflections fine arts contest, MCS students won more total awards in state-level judging than any school district in Alabama.
In addition, Madison students claimed the most first-place awards of all Alabama school districts. After winning at local, regional and state levels, these students have advanced for competition at the national level of Reflections.
“A big congratulations to all the talented students advancing to the National Reflections Awards,” Madison City PTA officers posted on Facebook.
The following list states Madison’s winners, their school and the Reflections category in which they competed:
* Olivia Lekas — Bob Jones High School, Visual Arts.
* Lara Lum — Columbia Elementary School, Dance Choreography.
* Meera Vinod — Columbia, Dance Choreography.
* Maximus Turner — Columbia, Dance Choreography.
* Geena Roberts — Discovery Middle School, Literature.
* Jillian Washburn — Discovery, Visual Arts.
* Cora Oliver — Heritage Elementary School, Film Production.
* Camden Roy — Heritage, Photography.
* Zoey Mulloy — Horizon Elementary School, Literature.
* Wylie Savage — Horizon, Music Composition.
* Andrew Carlson — James Clemens High School, Film Production.
* Jason Davies – James Clemens, Music Composition.
* Oviya Gowder — James Clemens, Photography.
* Urvi Mysore — James Clemens, Photography.
* Elizabeth Nolan — James Clemens, Photography.
* Anaya Naphade — James Clemens, Literature.
* Shayan Rajput — James Clemens, Film Production.
* Sahishnu Saha — James Clemens, Photography.
* Harshtha Chander — Liberty Middle School, Dance Choreography.
* Daniel (Aiden) Dean — Liberty, Film Production.
* Laya Gowder — Liberty, Photography.
* Julia Holkem — Liberty, Visual Arts.
* Tejas Akshai Iyer — Liberty, Music Composition.
* Ishita Rajput — Liberty, Music Composition.
* Arush Sharma — Liberty, Photography.
* Norah Basham — Midtown Elementary School, Music Composition.
* Zayna Killedar — Midtown, Literature.
* Madison Mosbarger — Midtown, Visual Arts.
* Peter Gosier — Mill Creek Elementary School, Visual Arts.
* Alice Grieve — Mill Creek, Visual Arts.
* Ananth Ravishekar — Mill Creek, Music Composition.
* Hannah Williams — Mill Creek, Photography.
* Miette Zimmerman — Mill Creek, Music Composition.
Madison City PTA held an awards ceremony for Reflections on March 2 at Columbia Elementary School. A packed audience of contestants and their parents/guardians assembled for the event.
Volunteers grouped students’ submissions by grade levels: primary, intermediate, middle and high school.
MCS Assistant Superintendent Eric Terrell attended the ceremony and celebrated with recipients for their awards. Madison City PTA leaders who have commitments with Reflections include Ricki Schwartz and Beth Green, who both serve as Reflections Co-Chairpersons.
For more information, visit alabamapta.org/reflections.