Heating malfunction closes Central Office for Madison City Schools until Jan. 9
MADISON – The Central Office for Madison City Schools, 211 Celtic Drive closed at 1:30 p.m. on Jan. 7, due to mechanical problems with the heating system.
The Central Office will remain closed until Jan. 9 for repairs. Campuses for Madison schools are not affected, and all schools in the Madison district remain open.
“We are relocating our Central Office staff for Jan. 8,” superintendent Dr. Dee Fowler said. “Departments will be dispersed to schools throughout the system.”
Fowler asks parents to contact the following schools for assistance:
* Staff involved with registration, attendance and student services will be working at Mill Creek Elementary School, 847 Mill Road. For information, call 256-774-4690. New students for all schools can register at Mill Creek on Jan. 8.
* The instruction staff will assemble at Columbia Elementary School, 667 Balch Road. For information, call 256-430-2751.
* The superintendent’s office staff, along with child nutrition and accounting personnel, will be working from James Clemens High School, 11306 County Line Road. For information, call 256-216-5313.
* Employees involved with the special education department will report to Liberty Middle School, 281 Dock Murphy Drive. For information, call 256-430-0001.
* Central Office staff working with the personnel department will meet at Madison Elementary School, 17 College St. For information, call 256-772-9255.
* Employees working with technology, operations and ACCESS learning (Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators & Students Statewide) will meet at the Central Office Annex. For information, 256-774-2727.
“We anticipate repairs will be complete in time for the Central Office to reopen on Jan. 9,” Fowler said.
Mill Creek Elementary School teachers brave subzero temperatures in the car line. (CONTRIBUTED)