Nominate now for Bob Jones Hall of Fame
MADISON – Bob Jones High School has opened the nominations for inductees to the school’s Hall of Fame for 2023.
The school will honor individuals selected for Hall of Fame in Bob Jones homecoming parade on Oct. 26 at 5 p.m. A reception for the new members will follow on campus.
For the homecoming football game on Oct. 27, Bob Jones Patriots will face Albertville High School Aggies in Madison City Schools Stadium. Hall of Fame inductees will take the field during halftime for introduction to the audience. The homecoming dance will be held on Oct. 28.
“The Bob Jones High School Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding alumni who have maintained a high standard of excellence and made a significant contribution in their fields of endeavor,” Bob Jones Assistant Principal Amy Thaxton said. Other eligible people are not alumni but have made a significant contribution to Bob Jones in leadership, service or other area.
“These individuals serve as role models for current and future Bob Jones students,” Thaxton said.
To qualify, candidates who are alumni must fulfill these requirements:
* Graduated from Bob Jones 10 years ago minimum.
* Achieved significant accomplishments and contributed while a student in scholarship, service, leadership or athletics (or a combination of these areas).
To qualify, candidates who are service nominees must fulfill these requirements:
* Contributed significantly to Bob Jones, Madison City Schools or the City of Madison (or a combination of these areas).
* Not employed by or affiliated with Bob Jones currently.
A former employee must meet this criteria:
* Worked for Bob Jones for 10 or more years.
* Retired from Bob Jones, deceased or has not worked at Bob Jones for 10 years minimum.
All candidates must satisfy criteria for selection:
* Accomplished or contributed significantly while at post-secondary educational institutions, including earning degrees and mastering fields of study.
* Amassed professional background and work experiences.
* Accomplished and contributed significantly to civic and community involvement.
* Reached other significant accomplishments, including awards, honors, offices held or other recognition.
* Completed significant accomplishments and contributions to the City of Madison, statewide and/or in global work.
Deadline for online nominations is Sept.1. For questions, email Thaxton at email@example.com or visit Bob Jones’ website and click “About Us” and “Hall of Fame.”