Actors, comic book and wrestling legends coming to HuntsvilleCon June 24
By STAFF REPORTS
HUNTSVILLE – HuntsvilleCon, an annual comic book and pop culture convention will bring a variety of guests to the Rocket City on Saturday, June 24. It will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown Huntsville from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
As long-time fans of comic books, toys, pop-culture, cosplay, animation, horror, sci-fi and fantasy, the event’s promoter wanted to bring that style event to the Huntsville Area. “We strive to be Alabama’s best and truest comic con featuring fandoms of multiple genres,” said promoter Carmine De Santo.
The show has over 100 vendors and promises to cater to a wide spectrum of interests including comic books, magazines, toys, games, movies, television, anime, manga, wrestling, cosplay, artwork, sketches and apparel.
“In addition, a roster of comic industry professionals and fandom-related celebrities are in attendance for attendees to meet and greet,” De Santo said. “This will be one event not to miss for the whole family.”
Confirmed featured guests and attractions include:
• Cowboy Bob Orton – Wrestling Legend WWE
• Sam Dela Rosa – Comic Book Legend – Venom
• Tom McLaughlin – Friday the 13th Movie Director
• Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld – Pokemon and Strawberry Shortcake Voice Actor
• Justin Nimmo – Actor – Silver Power Ranger
• Huge Pokemon Card Tournament and Dungeons & Dragons
• New Show Feature: Sports Card Area to the Show
• Local Cosplayer Groups
• Huge Cosplay Contest – 4 p.m.
• Super Smash Bros Ultimate Video Game Tournament 1 p.m.
For more details and ticket information, go to www.huntsvillecon.com.