Winter Park at The Orion Amphitheater is now open!
HUNTSVILLE – Huntsville’s holiday season is now more festive than ever before with the addition of Winter Park at The Orion Amphitheater and Apollo South. It opened Tuesday and will run through Jan. 29.
The Orion is located in Huntsville’s MidCity District.
Winter Park is planned to be an immersive winter themed experience bringing the magic of the season to life throughout The Orion’s campus. It is free to enter with additional activities and food available for purchase.
At Winter Park, guests will be able to ice skate under the stars in the amphitheater bowl, explore Santa’s Workshop for meet and greet photo opportunities with Santa, relax with a warm (or cold!) drink and DIY s’mores kits around one of the fire pits, shop holiday markets featuring local vendors and entertainment, and enjoy festive events, treats and crafts.
Winter Park will also feature music throughout the amphitheater and Apollo South, including DJs spinning for ice skaters and local group performances. Some of the performances include:
• Tuesday, Nov. 22 – Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater and Academy Carolers
• Saturday, Nov. 26 – A Rocket City Bones Christmas
• Saturday, Dec. 3 – Dance Theatre of Huntsville
• Saturday, Dec. 3 – Twickenham Jazz & Swing for the Holidays
• Friday, Dec. 9 – Arts Huntsville Christkindlmarket featuring music by Alli & Christy
• Saturday, Dec. 10 – Arts Huntsville Christkindlmarket featuring music by Winslow Davis, Alex Banks and Preston Watts
• Sunday, Dec. 11 – Arts Huntsville Christkindlmarket featuring music by Gabe LaRose, Karmessa and Micah J
• Saturday, Dec. 17 – Last Minute Holiday Market with a Live DJ
More events doe Winter Park are being added, so be sure to check out their website at theorionhuntsville.com. and monitor Orion Amphitheater’s social media pages for delays or closures due to weather.