Registration deadline for Christian Job Corps classes is Jan. 25
MADISON COUNTY – Do you or a friend want to take steps to improve your quality of life? Classes with Christian Job Corps may be the answer.
Currently, Christian Job Corps is accepting applications from women for spring 2021 classes in Harvest at Asbury Church Harvest and in Huntsville at First Baptist Church.
“We offer not just ways to improve job skills to get a better job but Bible study and fellowship that encourages students to make positive changes in their lives,” Harvest Site Coordinator Susan D. Elder said. “We also provide a mentor to walk with the student for six months to help her with her specific needs.”
Deadline for applications for the next semester of classes is Jan. 25.
At First Baptist Church Huntsville, 600 Governors Drive, students with a high school diploma will meet Tuesday through Thursday, while students needing a GED will gather on Monday through Wednesday. To get an application in person, go to entrance 1 at the front left of the building.
Class hours in Huntsville are 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Orientation will be held on Feb 11. The first day of class will be Feb. 16.
At Asbury Church Harvest, 8089 Wall Triana, classes convene Tuesday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to noon. After orientation on Feb. 4, students will start classes on Feb. 9.
Christian Job Corps offers an array of services:
* GED tutoring — One-on-one tutoring in math and English by trained volunteers (available at First Baptist only).
* Job readiness classes – Including basic computer skills, job searches, money management, communications and Bible study. Graduates can compete for jobs while improving quality of life for themselves and their families.
* Volunteer internship – Gain hands-on experience at local companies or non-profit organizations (open to students with high school diploma or GED).
* Career Clothes Closet – Any woman can ‘shop’ for career clothing or an outfit for interviews.
* Computer Donation Program – Corps graduates are eligible for donated computers to reinforce class training.
* Auto Donation Program – Graduates can apply for a donated vehicle for reliable transportation.
* Scholarships – Graduates can apply for modest scholarships for costs not covered by Pell grants or other financial assistance.
For more information, call Recruiting Director Nancy Eckhardt at 256-428-9461, email email@example.com or visit cwjc.net.