Asbury UMC presents Taste of the Holidays Virtual Market
MADISON – COVID-19 constraints have changed an annual Christmas emporium at Asbury United Methodist Church to the “2020 Taste of the Holidays Virtual Market.”
“We’re taking our annual Taste of the Holidays Market virtual this year,” Andrea Wilhelm, Director of Creative Communications, said. This event will highlight numerous area crafters, artists and small businesses daily for two weeks from October 19-31 on Facebook/Taste of the Holidays Virtual Market.
Sharing recipes continues as a tradition. Facebook will list proven recipes; shoppers can post favorites.
“Supporting our community during what has been such a hard season for many is very close to our hearts,” Wilhelm said. “Because we’re committed to implementing a full combination of proper social distancing, sanitation and mask requirements at our gatherings, we’ve decided to take this large community event virtual this year.”
“While we’ll miss gathering our community together in person, our virtual market will be a fun and safe way to help local shoppers get started on their holiday gift buying from our wonderful area vendors,” Wilhelm said.
Last year, 3,000-plus people visited the market. To participate this year, Facebook users can join the group for Taste of the Holidays Virtual Market. Organizers have waived vendors’ booth fees.
Asbury again will support the Upper Sand Mountain Parish with a separate donation for their Christmas toy drive for under-resourced families in Northeast Alabama. Vendor participation is by invitation only from 2019 participants.
About 38 vendors will join the Taste of the Holidays Virtual Market group on Facebook during Oct. 19-31:
* Jewelry — Heisey Jewelry Designs & Boutique, Lepa Jewelry, Pearls By Monica, M. Arleene Hallman, Natalie’s Jewelry Closet, Susan’s Beadmania.
* Skin care – NuSkin, Scents of the Woods, Colorstreet Nails.
* Candles and fragrances — Pink Zebra, Mia Bella Candles, Scentsy.
* Books — Usborne Books and More with Brooke Lawson.
* Cooking and food — C Impressions (olive oils, vinegars), Pampered Chef, Newberry Pecans, Rocket Chip Cookies, Mimi’s Magic Apron.
* Wreaths — Sutherland Wreath Design, LD Home Creations/Kreations By Sandy.
* Toys — The Boho and Her Elves, Down South Cajon drums.
* Children’s merchandise — Lilla Rose Hair Accessories, Toni K. Harper Handcrafted Goods, Bows and Buckles Children’s Boutique.
* Home decor — Relic Art figures from old parts, Trade-Fair Marketplace, Turn-N-Time Designs, Corinna Nicole Art, Originz fair trade and gifts, Chalk Couture with Chalkloose, Ziyada, Sparrow and Key laser engraving.
* Keepsake preservation — Flourish Handlettering, Timeless Treasures by Cindy, Creative Memories by Nicole Soh.
* Personalized gifts — Robin’s Nest Monogramming, Thirty-One Gifts.
Asbury’s address is 980 Hughes Road. For information, call 256-837-0365 or visit Facebook/Taste of the Holidays Virtual Market or weareasbury.com.