Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater not presenting in-person shows through 2020
HUNTSVILLE – The Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater and Academy (FPCTA) announced Thursday they are are canceling all in-person shows or camps through the end of 2020.
“Unfortunately, as COVID-19 cases spike in our state and directly affect our families, we will not be presenting any in-person shows, camps, or classes through the end of 2020,” a press release from FPCTA stated. “The safety of our Fantasy Family is our number one priority and these decisions were not made lightly.”
Updates are as follows:
- The entire 60th season VBC Playhouse lineup is being pushed to the 61st (2021-2022) season. New dates are as follows:
- “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” – Oct 15-17, 2021
- “A Christmas Carol” – Dec 3-5 & 10-12, 2021
- “Alice in Wonderland” – February 18-20, 2022
- Doctor Osborn’s Magical Laboratory – Spring 2021
- FPCTA has alternate production plans this season, including a virtual version of “A Christmas Carol” in December 2020 and a live outdoor production of “Tinkerbell” by Patrick Flynn in late Spring 2021.
- Summer virtual classes have been going really well and will be extended into the Fall. Previously announced in-person Fall classes will now be moving to a virtual platform. Check out the entire lineup of their FantasyPlayhouse@Home Virtual Series on the FPCTA website.
- FPCTA will continue the Ask Me Anything Series with monthly special guest stars to meet and offer virtual theatre presentations of family classics throughout the year. They are also planning extra events to celebrate the community and their continued support over the last 60 years. “We encourage everyone to follow our social media pages (@FantasyPCTA) to stay up to date!”
“It is at this time that we need your support now more than ever. Our annual fundraiser, Rocket City’s Got Talent! looks a little bit different this year as we have moved it to a virtual platform, but you are still in for a night of incredible musical entertainment- including performances by Broadway Veterans Matt Meigs, Marcus Gladney, Luz Ladrillono, and Broadway World’s 2020 “Next on Stage” College Winner, Willem Butler, several of whom got their start on the Fantasy stage,” the press release added. “There is no set ticket price, just donate what you can and join us on July 25th!”