Nominations open for Bob Jones Hall of Fame
MADISON – Nominations are open for residents to nominate individuals for the 2017 Hall of Fame at Bob Jones High School.
Bob Jones Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding alumni who have maintained a high standard of excellence and have made a significant contribution in their fields of endeavor.
In addition, a Hall of Fame honoree may have attended another school but has made a significant contribution to Bob Jones in the form of leadership or service. These individuals serve as role models for current and future Bob Jones students.
An alumni candidate must meet these requirements:
* Graduate of Bob Jones for 10 years minimum.
* Completed significant accomplishments and contributions while a Bob Jones student by scholarship, service, leadership, athletics or a combination.
A service candidate must meet these requirements:
* Completed significant contributions to Bob Jones.
* Not an employee or affiliated with Bob Jones.
Former employees must meet these criteria:
* Worked at Bob Jones for 10 years minimum.
* Retired from Bob Jones, deceased or not employed for 10 years minimum.
All candidates must meet the following stipulations:
* Significant accomplishments and contributions while at post-secondary educational institutions, including degrees attained and fields of study (along with or a combination of the following items).
* Professional background and work experiences.
* Significant accomplishments and contributions to civic and community involvement.
* Other significant accomplishments including awards, honors and serving as organization officer.
The 2017 Honorees will be invited to serve as Grand Marshals of the Bob Jones Homecoming Parade on Oct. 19, to attend a post-parade reception and to accept honors at halftime during the homecoming game on Oct. 20.
Deadline for online nomination is Oct. 1. To access a nomination form, visit ppweb.madisoncity.k12.al.us/forms/halloffame.html.