* St. John's Catholic Church * Madison Free Will Baptist Church * Grace Presbyterian Church * Madison Christian Church * Asbury United Methodist Church * Grace United Methodist Church * Wall Highway Baptist Church * Messiah Lutheran Church
St. John's Catholic Church
St. John's Catholic Church recently recognized the efforts of its children's choir by providing a picnic lunch, music, games and inflatable rides. Emily Bemish, Meagan Benefield, Shemayne Carroll, Alison Jenkins, Patrick Johnson, Grant Mellen, Matthew Riggle and Amanda Rowe received special awards for perfect choir practice attendance. Shayna Bryan was recognized as the only child to have been in the choir for five years.
The 70 to 80-voice choir, made up of first through sixth graders, sings regularly at Friday morning mass for St. John's students and on the third Sunday of each month at 8:30 a.m.
Madison Free Will Baptist Church
* Are you ready to become an Xkid? An eXtreme Kids Crusade for all ages will be held by the June 22-26 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. There will be prizes, games and puppets. For more information, call Betty Lowery at 830-1486. The church is located at 5295 Wall-Triana Highway in Madison.
Grace Presbyterian Church
* Vacation Bible School is scheduled for July 14 – 18, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Registration is open to all children four years and older. Registration forms can be found in the Narthex.
* Maranatha Summer Camps
o Elementary Camp, for 3th – 5th graders, June 15 – 20; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o C.I.T. Leadership Week I, for 9th – 12th graders; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o Middle School Camp I, for 6th – 8th graders, June 22 – 27; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o C.I.T. Leadership Week II, for 11th – 12th graders, June 22 – 27; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o Elementary Camp II, for 4th – 6th graders, July 6 – 11; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o C.I.T. Leadership Week III, for 9th – 12th graders, July 6 – 11; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o Middle School Camp, for 6th – 8th graders, June 22 – 27; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o C.I.T. Leadership Week IV, for 11th – 12th graders, July 6 – 11; $195 early bird, $215 regular.
o Outdoor Adventure Camp, for 7th – 12th graders, July 20 – 25; $295 early bird, $325 regular. Adventure campers must be at least 12 years old and must weigh at least 65 pounds.
Madison Christian Church
* Intermediate guitar classes will be during the summer on Thursday evenings. The cost is $40 per person. The tentative schedule is: June 12, June 26, July 10, July 24, Aug. 7 and Aug.21. Classes begin at 7 p.m. If interested, contact Cindy Prince.
* A wedding shower will be held for Curtis Brubaker, Jr. and Nicole Slodysko on Sunday, June 22 at 2 p.m. at the church. Nicole and Curt are registered at Wal-Mart and at Sears.
* Youth camp forms are posted on the youth bulletin board. The theme is "The Bible: A Call to Life." CYF Conference, for students who have completed grades 9-12 is scheduled for June 9-13. Chi Rho Camp for students who have completed grades 6-8 is scheduled for June 16-20. Discovery Camp for students who have completed grades 2-3 is scheduled for June 21-23. Junior Camp for students who have completed grades 4-5 is scheduled for June 23-27.
Asbury United Methodist Church
* A teacher resource workshop will be held on Friday, Aug. 8, from 6 – 8:30 p.m. and on Saturday, Aug. 9, from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. A light supper will be served Friday evening, and pastries and fruit will be served on Saturday morning. Reservations are required and must be received by July18. Call Wendy at 837-0365, x-109 or Ann at 883-3554, for more information.
* Vacation Bible school is scheduled for June 23-27 from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. for children who are four years old through third grade. The theme is Super Cool Undersea Bible Adventure (S.C.U.B.A.). You may register at the hospitality room, pick up a card outside Children's Ministry or online at www.asburyumc.ws.
* Kindergarteners – sixth graders are invited to play broom hockey, in tennis shoes, at the Huntsville IcePlex on July 26, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Tickets for skaters are $ 4. There will be two one-hour skating sessions, of no more than 34 skaters per session. Tickets are available in advance.
Grace United Methodist Church
* Vacation Bible school is scheduled for June 22-25 from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. There will be programs for all ages. Registration will begin June 1.
* Softball Game Schedule
All games played at Lion's Club Field, Meridianville.
o June 8
2:50 p.m. – Field A – Team 1 vs. Ford's Bethlehem Baptist
o June 22
1:30 p.m. Field A – Team 2 vs. Bethlehem Baptist
2:50 p.m. – Field A – Team 1 vs. Hazel Green UMC
o June 29
1:30 p.m. – Field A – Team 1 vs. First Baptist Meridianville 1
2:50 p.m. Field A – Team 2 vs. Ford's Chapel UMC
o July 6
1:30 p.m. – Field A – Team 1 vs. First Baptist Meridianville 2
2:50 p.m. Field B – Hazel Green UMC
o July 13
1:30 p.m. – Field B – Team 1 vs. Family Worship Center
2:50 p.m. – Field A – Team 2 vs. First Baptist Meridianville1
o July 20
2:50 p.m. – Field A Team 2 vs. First Baptist Meridianville 2
o July 27
1:30 p.m. – Field B – Team 1 vs. Winchester Road Baptist
2:50 p.m. Field A – Team 2 vs. Family Worship Center
Wall Highway Baptist Church
* Vacation Bible School is scheduled for June 9-13, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Registration forms are available at the church office. Also, volunteer help is needed. For more information, call 837-0971
* Help is needed June 9-13 with vacation Bible school for preschoolers. Call Melodie Hosey at 830-5941.
* Church camp schedule
o Crossroads, for 10th – 11th graders, June 21 – June 25, $140
o M-Pact, for 7th – 9th graders, June 25 – June 29, $140
o Pre-teen camp, for 5th – 6th graders, July 25 – July 28, $145; $120 if registered by July 7
o KJ Kamp for 1st – 2nd graders, day camp, July 8 – 11, $75; $50 if registered by June 15
o KJ Kamp, for 3rd – 4th graders, overnight camp, July 8 – 11, $120; $95 if registered by June 15
* Fall registration for community Bible study is being accepted. The focus will be on Proverbs, Timothy I and II and more. For more information, call Kay Andrews at 881-5238.
Messiah Lutheran Church
* Mark your calendars for this year's Singing School at Messiah Lutheran Church during the week of July 21-25. Presentations will be held on July 27. For more information, call Lois Graff at 430-0510.
Editor's Note: The Madison County Record gladly accepts church announcements for publication each week. Church briefs can be mailed to: P.O. Box 859, Madison, AL 35758; e-mailed to: mitch.freeman@ms\adisoncountyrecord.com ;or faxed to: 772-6655. For more information, call 772-6677. The deadline to submit a church brief for Wednesday's paper is 9 a.m. on Friday.